Join Our Staff
Take the opportunity to not only have a week of fun with campers, but to impact their lives for eternity. Experience the joy of seeing a child you’ve been praying for all week come to know the Lord. Begin lifelong friendships with other college-age believers while having a blast on our 160+ acres of property.
Each summer, Camp Rapidan employs young adults from all over the country. From counseling to working in the kitchen on operations staff, the Lord always brings in the right people for the job. If you’ve never thought about camp ministry before, now is the time. It will be a summer you will never forget!
Where Is Rapidan Baptist Camp?
Rapidan Baptist Camp is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Rochelle, Virginia, about 2 hours SW of Washington, D.C..
What does Rapidan Baptist Camp want to accomplish?
- Our goal is to aid local churches by helping them to make and mature disciples to become more like Christ.
- We accomplish our goal by taking the camper away from the influences of the world and help them to concentrate on Christ through sound preaching, conservative Christian music, meeting other Christian young people, and exposing them to the beauty of God’s creation.
What does Rapidan Baptist Camp have to offer?
- Rapidan Baptist Camp is a 160+ acre facility with 9 cabins, a lodge, swimming pool with a large water slide, a lake for fishing, canoeing, and boating, the death rail, a climbing wall, a game room, hiking trails, a low ropes course, target range, zipline, gyroscope as well as regular activities such as basketball and volleyball.
- We can hold just over 200 campers at one time. We have 2 full time staff members and many other teens and adults that volunteer their time during the summer.
What type of camps are offered and how long will I work?
We offer 3 junior camps, 2 teen camps, and several rental weeks. Staff training week starts the first full week of June. Counselors will need to commit to being here for 9 weeks including the staff training week. Operational staff may work 1 additional week depending on rental camps.
Where would I stay and what would I do on the weekends?
Counselors stay in cabins with their campers and operational staff will share a cabin with others on their crew. After the campers leave each week, the staff will stay to help clean up designated areas, then the staff is free until 2:00 p.m. Sunday afternoon. If you are leaving the campsite for an overnight stay, you must have approval from the Director.
Where do summer staff go to church?
All staff members are required to be a part of a local church throughout the summer on Sundays. Occasionally we visit different churches to give testimonies and promote the camp. If you would like to attend a church other than the one the staff normally attends, you may go there with the permission of the director.
What version of the Bible should I plan to bring and use at camp?
We ask all our staff and speakers to use the King James Version of the Bible in all preaching or counseling. The campers will also memorize their verses from the KJV.
Can I bring my cell phone to camp?
You may bring your cell phone, but we ask that they be used only for necessary communication during the weeks of camp.
What are the dress guidelines?
- Guys: Be clean-shaven. Wear collared shirt for evening services, nice jeans are acceptable. Please do not wear tank tops or ripped jeans. Shorts are acceptable for recreational purposes and must come down to the knee.
- Girls: Dresses and skirts should cover the knee and be loose fitting. Please plan to wear skirts to the evening service as an example to the campers. Any pants, jeans, capris, shorts, must come below the knee and be loose fitting.
What positions are available at Rapidan Baptist Camp?
- We are looking for people to serve as program director, head cook, promotional tech., counselors, office workers, lifeguards, a nurse, kitchen workers, and grounds crew.
- Counselors must be 18 or older.
What is Rapidan Baptist Camp looking for in a staff member?
- We want our staff to be committed to serving Christ in any area by serving others.
- We want our staff members to uphold all the camp rules and encourage others to make wise decisions
- We want our staff members to be flexible and be willing to be faithful in every area of ministry at the Camp.
- We want our staff to be growing in Christ and striving to be more like Him.
Will there be training?
- Yes. We will give instructions for every area of ministry. We want you to be confident in your assigned responsibility.
- We will train our counselors and other staff members the basics of Biblical counseling so that you can be involved in helping others grow spiritually not only during the summer but for your future life as God has called each one of us to minister to others.
Will I get paid for working at Rapidan Baptist Camp?
- Working at Rapidan Baptist Camp is a voluntary ministry. Each worker will recieve a small stipend of $50.00 every week.
- We will try to do as much as we can, and if the Lord so provides, we will be happy to give you an honorarium at the end of the summer for your sacrificing your summer to minister at the Camp.
What are the steps in the application process?
- Fill out and return your application.
- Have two references sent by people other than your family.
- We will pray and review the application and send out a contract.
- After the contract is signed and returned, we will accept and sign the contract as long as there are still openings.
- You will then become a member of the Summer Ministry Team.