God has lead just the right people at just the right time to Rapidan Baptist Camp. The staff’s desire is to see souls saved, Christians challenged by the preaching of the Word of God, provide a safe and fun environment for all ages, and give all for the furthering of God’s ministry.
Kelly S. Earles — Camp Director
Kelly was born into a Christian home in Oakland City, Indiana where he attended McCullough Grove Baptist Church. After high school, Kelly attended and graduated from Bob Jones University with a degree in Camp Administration in 1995. Upon completion of his degree Kelly returned home and worked construction while ministering at McCullough Grove in the children’s and teen ministries. During this time his pastor encouraged him to develop a day camp ministry. Over the next 8 years Kelly was a real estate appraiser and traveled several weeks each summer putting on day camps for churches. In 2005 Kelly married Mary and came to Rapidan Baptist Camp as the Program Director. After serving as the Program Director for 5 years, Kelly is currently serving as the Camp Director.
Chris “Moose” Pleasants — Operations Manager
Chris comes to Rapidan Baptist Camp with many years of ministry experience, most recently at Dublin Christian Academy in Dublin, NH, where he served in a variety of roles including food preparation, guys dormitory supervising and the running of Dublin’s summer camps.
Our Board Members
- Chairman: Pastor Brent Hockema (New Market, VA)
- Vice Chairman: Gerald Bohus Jr. (Timberville, VA)
- Chief Operations Officer: Kelly Earles (Rochelle, VA)
- Treasurer: Robert Blosser (Timberville, VA)
- Secretary: Pastor Ralph VanNess (Gloucester, VA)
- Pastor Ben Smith (Fairfax, VA)
- Pastor Mike Reid (Fredericksburg, VA)
- James Baily (Timberville, VA)
- Joe Leach (Berryville, VA)
- Ron Cole (Fredrick, MD)
- Randal Pinkard (Fredericksburg, VA)
- Pastor Greg Rogers (Bedford, VA)